You can find a pdf version of my resume by clicking here.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2018
- Ph.D. in Robotics, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2023 (expected)
Summer 2019: Graduate Intern - Automatic Planning & Scheduling for Autonomous Systems, Siemens
- Extended Siemens’ Receding Horizon Planner (RHP), a scheduling algorithm, to teaming tasks & heterogeneous teams of agents.
- Created a simulator in MATLAB based on a Search & Rescue scenario where fires are to be extinguished collaboratively & victims are to be discovered & rescued.
- Developed an alternative tree-search method in C++ improving the existing scheduling algorithm.
Spring 2018: Senior Design Project, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Won the best Mechanical Engineering Project Award for creating a Compact Active Response Gravity Offload System (CARGOS).
- System to be mounted on NASA’s ARGOS to improve their astronauts’ reduced-gravity training experience.
- Implemented the GUI & the feedback loop using a PID controller.
Summer 2017: Superconductor & Devices (SCD) Intern, The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- Conducted a review surveying options for the superconducting MgB2lines’ thermal sensor that will feed the Large Hadron Collider’s (LHC’s) new magnets.
- Performed stress-strain & thermal expansion analysis on a variety of Nb3Sn superconducting wires.
Spring 2016: Research Assistant, ECPL Systems Lab
- Designed lenses using Exposure Controlled Projection Lithography.
- Formulated an automated post-curing process to improve lens-curing.
- Improved the process-planning & simulation processes.
Leadership & Outreach
Fall-Spring 2015/16: University Lab Instructor
- Supervised students in completing projects involving 3D printing, woodworking and laser cutting equipment.
- Collaborated with colleagues to assist other studios on campus in developing their own work-space.
- Coached and assessed potential Invention Studio instructors by providing necessary training.
Fall-Spring 2015/16: Vice-President of the GT Arab Student Organization
- Organized weekly meetings, and events for our society and set-up two successful fundraising events.
- Organized events with Atlanta’s Network of Young Arab Americans to feed our homeless community members.
- Facilitated the networking between Arab students and professors/entrepreneurs by inviting multiple guest speakers.
- Python - Java - C++ - C - Matlab - ROS - Arduino - LabVIEW - SolidWorks - AutoCAD - French (fluent) - Arabic (fluent)
- ECE6550 Linear Control Systems
- ECE6552 Nonlinear Control Systems
- AE6511 Optimal Guidance & Control
- ECE6563 Networked Control Systems
- CS4641 Machine Learning
- CS6601 Artificial Intelligence
- CS8803 Adaptive Control & Reinforcement Learning
- MATH4317 Analysis-I